By Moma Sandrine
It was on Tuesday November 13th that the Mayor of Nwa council in Ndonga Mantung division in the North West region, Dr Ngomfe Loma David Moloh was sent to an early grave by unidentified gunmen.
Sources have it that the mayor was on his way to Bamenda to attend a meeting that fateful day before he was intercepted and shot. Although no one could confirm seeing the perpetrators, accusing fingers are pointing at separatist fighters.
Unconfirmed sources say he was killed for having cooperated with the military to bring down separatist activities in the area.
Besides being a local government authority, the late Dr Ngomfe Loma equally worked as a surgeon and was well recognized for his great jobs.
Dr. Ngomfe Loma hailed from Luz, Fumteh clan in Nwa Subdivision. He had served as a district medical officer in Kumbo before working in Nkambe and Ndu, serving in the same capacity.
He served as mayor of Nwa since the year 2000 when he was appointed District medical officer.
The late mayor is one amongst many other local government officials who have been killed amidst the crisis plaguing the North West and South West regions of Cameroon.
Find us on Facebook
Get the latest news as it happens
Want to advertise?
Book your adverts online from any where. SUBSCRIBE
Nwa CPDM mayor killed by unknown gunmen
By Moma Sandrine
About the author
- Anglophone crisis: Kidnappings, killings, burning of houses increase in North West, South West
- Gov’t intensifies hunt for Anglophone activists as Ambazonian leaders’ trial suffers another adjournment
- Security forces ramp up reprisals as Anglophone crisis deepens
- Cameroon is sinking into abyss – Abdulkarim Ali
Leave A Reply
THE SUN CAMEROON
HEAD OFFICE CONTACTS
- Africa Vision Inc P.O Box 466, Limbe-SWR Cameroon
- +237 674969976
- +237 691355153